Get to know Green Goobé natural cleaners

Green Goobé  natural cleaners are formulated to be workhorses that make the task of cleaning, easy, yet gentle and safe. Don’t take our word for it, put them to the test!

Our cleaners are carefully and scientifically formulated with safe, nontoxic and biodegradable ingredients infused with premium essential oils. Each ingredient has been vetted thoroughly for functional efficacy and safety. 99% of our ingredients are natural-origin and from renewable sources such as coconut, corn starch and glucose derivatives.

As safety credentials go, again, we aren’t making assumptions based on the natural origins of our ingredients. We have put our formulations through rigorous tests in an NABL-accredited laboratory, to further validate their safety profiles.

We strictly follow the limits prescribed for the safe inclusion of each ingredient that goes into our cleaning blends. Like synthetic ingredients, some natural ingredients too can be unsafe and allergy-inducing, if added in excess of prescribed limits.

Because we formulate our cleansers in-house, we have the liberty to eliminate some ingredients that are industry favorites, but have ambiguous safety profiles. We instead opt for ingredients with proven performance and safe credentials in our cleanser blends. And we promise to keep improving.

Our handpicked ingredients

Plant-origin surfactants

  • Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate is a salt of lauryl sarcosinate and a mild, biodegradable surfactant derived naturally from coconuts. This isn’t the same as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). This ingredient adheres to the REACH Regulation as per EU Law. Handbook of Green Chemicals lists it as safe and sustainable. Further reference –
  • Coco Betaine is a gentle surfactant derived from the fatty acids of coconut. Cocamidopropyl betaine (CAPB) and Coco betaine are often used interchangeably as synonyms, but they are two very different surfactants with different chemical structures and INCI names. We use Coco Betaine, a naturally-derived, biodegradable ingredient with Ecocert-approved credentials.
  • Alkyl Glucosides are glucose derivatives, and fatty alcohols that are biodegradable and plant-derived from sugars. Cosmetic Ingredient Review Panel (CIR) implies this group of surfactants as safe. The Alkyl Glucosides that go into Green Goobé cleansers are Ecocert-approved. Further reference –
  • Lauryl Amine Oxide (LAO) is derived from lauric acid, found in coconut oil or other vegetable oils. The LAO we use in our formulations is coconut-derived. It is listed on and meets the U.S. EPA Safer Choice Program’s surfactant screen. Environment Canada Domestic Substance List and Cosmetic Industry Review consider Lauramine Oxide (LAO) non-toxic when used in recommended concentrations. At Green Goobe we use LAO in concentrations way below the prescribed limit of 3.7%.
  • Lauryl Alcohol Ethoxylate 7 MOL is made from naturally derived lauryl alcohol from coconut oil. It is biodegradable and meets the U.S. Safer Choice surfactant screen and is listed on We use LAE 7 MOL within prescribed limits in some of our cleansers.


  • Vegetable Glycerine is derived from vegetable fats such as palm, soy and coconut oils. Our vegetable glycerine is coconut derived. Vegetable Glycerine is classified by Environment Canada Domestic Substance List as not expected to be potentially toxic or harmful. The European Union Ecolabel program reports this substance is readily biodegradable. COSMOS deems it bio-compatible.

Water softeners

  • Sodium Citrate is the sodium salt of citric acid. Sodium citrate sequesters hardness minerals and is used as a builder in phosphate-free laundry detergents. This is a naturally derived, biodegradable ingredient.
  • Citric Acid naturally occurs in lemons. It is a water softener, pH adjuster and cleanser. This is a naturally derived, biodegradable ingredient.


  • Xanthan Gum is produced when sucrose, lactose, or glucose gets fermented by bacteria. It is a natural and safe thickener widely used in the food and cosmetic industries.
  • Himalayan Pink Salt is a type of rock salt from the Punjab region of Pakistan, near the foothills of the Himalayas. It is chemically similar to table salt and contains up to 98% sodium chloride. Trace minerals, such as potassiummagnesium, and calcium make up the remaining 2%. These give the salt its light pink tint. Salt is commonly used to thicken formulations with anionic surfactants.

Preservatives: Free of parabens and formaldehyde

Vegan, COSMOS and Ecocert-approved, biodegradable anti-microbial blends

Pure and premium essential oils

  • Lemon Essential Oil
  • Lemongrass Essential Oil
  • Lavender Essential Oil
  • Rosemary Essential Oil
  • Peppermint Essential Oil
  • Tea Tree Essential Oil
  • Spearmint Essential Oil
  • No products in the cart.